2014 Emerging issues in Motor Vehicle Product Liability Litigation conference is going to be held April 2-4 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa in Phoenix, Arizona. It is sponsored by Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Products Liability Committee and Automotive Law Committee. This conference is very helpful for lawyers whose practice includes motor vehicle related litigation or products liability law.
Vehicle Safety Attorney E. Todd Tracy will be speaking on BRIDGING THE DIVIDE: PLAINTIFF AND DEFENSE COUNSEL MEDIATION SUMMIT from Plaintiffs’ Panel. The discussion will be on the settlement process in product liability cases, hindrances to it, how the other side is perceived, how to counter those perceptions and build trust, and how to help ensure that settlement candidates are resolved early, before unnecessary costs and fees are incurred.
2014 ABA Motor Vehicle Products Liability Litigation Conference, will also feature experienced counsel and experts who will address legal and technical issues relevant to motor vehicle litigation, as well as recent developments in class actions, regulatory developments, litigating automotive asbestos cases, trial related topics, and issues unique to component part manufacturers, tire companies, ATV and motorcycle manufacturers. Among the faculty, are senior in-house counsel for manufacturers like General Motors, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Isuzu, Tesla Motors, Polaris Industries, Kawasaki, Navistar, Bosch, Meritor, Takata, and Michelin.
Some of the topics of the seminars are:
- ROLLOVERS: TRYING THE SIDE AIRBAG/CURTAIN CASE
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW TECHNOLOGY IN INJURY ANALYSIS
- RECENT VERDICT TRENDS: THE DEFENSE WINS! THE PLAINTIFF WINS!
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION
- TRYING A PRODUCTS LIABILITY CASE FOR THE SUPPLIER WITHOUT THE OEM PRESENT
- HANDLING PRODUCTS LIABILITY TRIALS INVOLVING OFF-ROAD VEHICLES AND MOTORCYCLES AND PERSONAL WATER-CRAFT
- BUILDING A CUTTING EDGE BIOMECHANICAL ANALYSIS USING CASE SPECIFIC DATA IN COMPLEX AUTOMOBILE COLLISIONS
- BRIDGING THE DIVIDE: PLAINTIFF AND DEFENSE COUNSEL MEDIATION SUMMIT
Texas trial lawyer E. Todd Tracy is a champion of vehicle safety who has taken the car manufacturing industry to task over defective products for more than two decades. When vehicle safety litigator E. Todd Tracy enters a courtroom, he has more than a job to do; he has a duty to uphold.
“If you are going to practice in this area of law, you better know what you’re doing, and you better be ready to put money where your mouth is,” Mr. Tracy says. “This work is not for the weak heart. You can’t just dip your toes in the water when it comes to vehicle defect and safety litigation. You have to jump in.”
Event: Brochure Download